There are many ICSI centers in India and many claim in being the best but, fact still stands, just how best they are. Yes, an ICSI center is going to be the answers to your prayers but, are you really going to the right place or going into a trap. How can you judge the clinic is right or not? Say you are sitting with your gynecologist discussing your fertility issue but, your husband is not with you as he is at another clinic getting his plumbing checked. Now would it not be better if you both could come together and discuss the possibilities together. Yes, before you decide to chose an ICSI center there are some facts you should be aware of. If you follow these points you will be happy with the results. The points are:
- Your doctor should be someone with whom you open up: It is very important for you to be able to speak openly with your doctor and therefore it is important that the doctor be of a pleasing personality and not harsh.
- The success rate: How will you measure the success rate of a clinic, probably by what your friends or family members say or maybe what their advertisements and hoarding say? Some even go for the suggestions made by doctors. But, is this the real way to rate a clinic. Should you not do some evaluation like find out what is the success rate of the clinic in question and what reputation does the clinic have in the market?
- The doctor cannot undo nature: Yes technology has made it possible for in-fertile patients to have a child of their own but, a doctor is a doctor and not god. Clinics or doctors claiming they give 100% result are fake because truth is even at IVF there are cases that cannot have children of their own. This is due to many reasons, the most crucial being-age. It’s the fertility issue that needs tackling but, if you are beyond help than no IVF center can help you.
- Where do you stay- The place you live in also matters a lot in your choice. Each state has its own laws, guidelines and treatments that can vary for you. If the egg of the woman cannot be used than a surrogate or donor womb is brought into the case and again each state has its own laws pertaining to surrogacy.
- Do not try to be super parents- It is always suggested you join a group that has been through IVF and can share their experience with you.
- Egg donor or Sperm donor- Yes, be ready for this as well. There are going to be chances that either you could be infertile and not be able to provide. In such cases eggs and sperm from donors are suggested in which the child will be indirectly partially yours and partially of the donor whom you will never be allowed to meet, as per the clinic guidelines.
- Don’t judge a clinic by its looks. Always remember looks can be deceiving so make sure you look into the staff, doctors, surgeons, success rate and reputation of the clinic before embarking on an ICSI.
The IVF center can be the answer to your prayer and can be the end. It all depends on your condition and the clinic you choose. So does not be haste in taking the step, carefully evaluate all the possibilities and clinics around you. Only on complete evaluation pick the crucial step of choosing an ICSI center.