To treat any kind of infertility, first other treatments like medication, surgeries, and artificial insemination are taken into consideration. But if these treatments do not work then only IVF is considered as last treatment in some kind of infertility. Infertility Problems which can be treated with IVF are as following:
- Less sperm counts
- Damage of fallopian tubes or uterus
- Unable to ovulate
- Sperm’s inability to survive in Cervical mucus
- When sperm or eggs are damaged by antibodies
Techniques used in IVF Treatment:
- Pre-Implantation Genetic Screening (PGS): It is a technique which is used to check the abnormalities of eggs, which further can cause miscarriage. It has considerably increased the chance of becoming pregnant through IVF.
- 3-Parent In Vitro Fertilization: If it is found that woman mitochondrial DNA is defective which can actually cause many diseases to the baby or can cause miscarriage too. Then with this technique, the defective DNA is replaced by healthy mitochondrial DNA from an egg donor, then rest of the procedure of IVF is same.
- Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection: In this a single sperm is injected into the egg directly. It is helpful in the case of male infertility.
- Implantation of Blastocyst: In this technology, the blastocyst is implanted in the mother womb rather than an embryo. It is the next stage of the embryo and it helps to know which embryo will result in healthy live birth. So it increases the success rate.
- Cryopreservation: It is a procedure, in which embryos, ovarian tissue, oocytes (Eggs) are stored by freezing so that they can be used later to become pregnant through IVF.
Snap Freezes Embryos: It is a technique which is helpful is freezing embryos instantly as compared to an older slow freezing technique which used to form ice crystal in freeze embryos. It is helpful for patients who want to become pregnant again as it works as a fresh embryo.
- Embryoscope: It is the latest technique which is used to check development of embryo when it’s incubated in the lab without disturbing it.